(don't wanna hear it)
oh yeah and i can’t believe it’s taken me this long to bring this up but i’m absolutely not here for people shading the “american girl today”/”my american girl” line because
- the line literally enables girls to create a doll that looks like them
- including a wide array of non-white skin tones and non-european features
- like black dolls with curly and textured hair
- or asian dolls that appear to have epicanthic folds
- and they’ve also released accessories like doll-sized wheelchairs, hearing aids, and crutches so that girls who aren’t able-bodied or are hard of hearing can have a little friend who shares their experiences
- and they’ve even begun to offer dolls without hair for little girls who have alopecia or have lost hair while battling cancer
- and basically if you don’t think that’s the tightest shit then get out of my face
Also: SERVICE DOGS.
IT’S SO CUTE IT EVEN HAS TRAINING TREATS. You go American Girl.
They also consulted the Nez Pierce when making their Kaya doll and that’s why her smile doesn’t show teeth, among other things, and they’ve released some beautiful, and accurate, modern Powwow regalia for her.
Also they’ve been offering all this stuff since I was still getting the catalog. I just turned 29, so if I’m going to guess, that means they’ve been offering these options since at least 1996ish.
Anonymous said: on a football team at my school, someone was knocked into the ground, like really hard, to the point where he was like crying so his friend came up to him to help him up and of course he said "no homo" first when he grabbed his hand to help him up god bless
PSA: Do not listen to just one yesterday while looking at gifs of bucky barnes
you will cry
Taylor Swift in Harper’s Bazaar Germany (a translation)
Just so you guys know, when quotes are translated from another language, it’s very hard to convey the exact verbiage of what you said in the interview. So, this is not the exact translation of what I said. Not that I don’t agree with the sentiment, it just wouldn’t be my exact wording.